Tuesday, April 7, 2009

First Bedding of the year in the Flower Field

Above: the bedding implement. The horizontal bar with the vertical bars spaced at equal intervals is a way of making lines on the bed so you know where to plant, with the proper spacing. Matt had just welded that piece onto the bedder right before I took this picture.
Next three pix: the bedder in action....

Below: the finished product. Last night I went out and sculpted the beds a bit, cut some paths to break up the linear-ness of the beds and set out some pots of plants. On Wednesday I have a little work party happening here to do the first transplanting!

No comments: